The hermitage requires the yogi to stay for at least 5 days.
Registration form / 报名表格
Hermitage Regulations 禅 院 守 则
This set of regulations applies to all monks, samaneras, nuns, lay males and lay females (hereinafter refer as yogis) without exception. Any yogis who wishes to stay in this hermitage must accept and comply to the following terms.
- This hermitage is designated for and only accept yogis for intensive Samatha &
Vipassana meditation retreat. Yogis with other intentions will not be permitted to stay.
此禅院指定予 ‘止，观’ 禅法密集修行并且只接受到此参加密集禅修的修行者。
- Yogis are expected to practice at the meditation hall according to the retreat
Timetable, unless special permission is granted by the teacher.
- All members of the Sangha are forbidden to accept and / or possess money with them. Any personal requisite fund should be held by their Kapiya.
- Smoking, listening to radio broadcast, reading newspaper and magazine, using personal notebook and switching on their handphone are strictly prohibited.
- Yogis are not allowed to keep food and beverages in the room.
- Yogis should refrain from unnecessary talking and discussion at all time. Noble
silence is a must during meditation hours.
- Yogis should perform hermitage’s chores and hold responsibilities to keep the
- All yogis should report to the meditation teacher according to schedule. The
hermitage does not encourage personal retreat unless permission is granted by the
teacher to do so.
- Man and woman (including husband and wife) should keep a proper distance to avoid
- Lay yogis are required to observe the Eight Precepts.
- All yogis should be properly attired.
(a) Monks should have their robes on in public.
(b) No shorts, skirts, sleeveless and revealing clothes for the lay yogis.
- Yogis should clean all their personal belongings, the cabinet and the room; sun
mattress and pillow, wash bed sheet, pillow cover, mosquito net and blanket and put
back to their original position before departure. The room key should be returned to the person-in-charge upon leaving.
- Should a yogi not comply with the regulations and / or give rise to any unhappy
incident that disturbs the peacefulness of the hermitage, he / she may be requested to leave the hermitage.